Offshore Engineering & Construction
This division is strategic for the Saipem group and a repositioning process is currently underway to assure future growth, especially through:
- Investment to maintain the fleet in optimal condition;
- An “Early engagement” strategy — dialogue with the customer from the earliest phases to develop custom solutions to save time and reduce costs;
- Removing the FPSO in leasing from the market (floating production, storage and offloading consisting of a large-capacity tanker);
- A marketing strategy aimed at developing the FLNG field (Floating Liquefied Natural Gas, i.e. floating installations for natural gas processing, liquefaction and storage)
Onshore Engineering & Construction
Our strategy aims at enhanced project selectivity to foster profitability, especially through diversification into services with higher value added. In addition, in both the offshore and onshore construction sectors, we have tailored our production capabilities to market demand while also redefining our geographical presence.
In the drilling sector, our initiatives are focussed on guaranteeing the resilience and stability of our business activities. We have worked to increase our operational efficiency:
- Offshore Drilling:
- We strive to maintain our fleet in optimal condition
- Our marketing and sales strategy centres around developing operations in deep-water and harsh environments, as well as our presence in the Middle East
We are consolidating our presence in the Middle East and are rationalising in South America.