Below is a list of cookies used and generated by the beta.saipem.com website:
Information on cookies and user settings
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text strings which websites visited by users send and store on their computer or mobile device to be later sent back to the website when a user returns for another visit. The purpose of cookies is to remember user actions and preferences, such as website display language, so that it does not have to be selected again when the user browsers through pages on the same website or returns at a later date. Cookies are therefore used to perform authentication operations, browser session monitoring and storage of information on user activities for statistical and advertising purposes. When browsing through a website, the user's computer or mobile device may also receive cookies from web servers other than the one being visited, these are known as "third-party cookies". Cookies cannot gather any information stored on your computer or in your files. Cookies may be session cookies (erased automatically when the web browser is closed) or permanent cookies, with or without an expiry date.
Technical cookies are those used for the sole purpose of “carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or to the extent strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide this service" (ref. art. 122, clause 1 of the relevant Code). They are not used for any other purpose and are usually installed directly by the website owner or manager.
Profile cookies aim to create profiles relative to the user and are used for the purpose of sending advertising messages in line with the preferences shown by the user when browsing on-line. Due to the particularly invasive nature which such devices may have within the user's private sphere, EU and Italian regulations stipulate that the user must be adequately informed on their use and express, therefore, his/her valid consent.
Among the technical cookies which do not require express consent for their use, the Guarantor for the protection of personal data includes:
- browser or session cookies (e.g. for authentication) which guarantee normal browsing and use of the website;
- functional cookies which allow the user to browse based on a number of selected criteria (e.g. language, or wish list) in order to improve the service provided to the user;
- first-party analytical cookies, i.e. those cookies used directly by the website manager to collect information, in an aggregate form, on the number of users and how said users visit the website.
Analytical cookies may also be third-party cookies. In this case these are analytical cookies created and installed by third parties to analyse user browsing behaviour, create website visit statistics and improve the contents provided, show a selection of similar products and possibly place targeted advertising on the web pages.
The Saipem website employs only third-party analytical cookies and technical cookies with the settings described above.
Managing cookie preferences
How to change cookie settings
Most Internet browsers are initially set-up to automatically accept cookies. This means users have the option, at any time, to set their browsers to accept all cookies, only some cookies or to block them entirely, disabling their use by websites. Furthermore, users can usually set preferences in their browser to ensure they are notified whenever a cookie is stored in their computer. Finally, at the end of each browsing session users may delete any cookies collected from their device's hard disk. If they wish to delete cookies installed in the browser's cookie folder, it is important to remember that each browser has set up different procedures for managing settings.
By choosing the relevant link from the list below, users can obtain specific instructions for some of the most commonly used browsers.
Microsoft Windows Explorer
Mandatory nature of data provision
Personal data processed through the installation of first-party technical and analytical cookies is necessary to ensure correct browsing within the website.
Consent to the installation of third-party analytical cookies is optional. Your personal data will be processed by these cookies only once your consent has been provided in the manner indicated above.
Transfer and access to your data
The Company - without it being necessary to request your specific consent - may communicate your personal data to categories of subjects described in further detail below, such as:
- Saipem Group companies, even based outside the EU (according to the European Commission adequacy decisions or standard contractual clauses), in order to carry out activities to manage contractual provisions;
- third parties (indicatively: professional firms, consultants, companies providing IT services, etc.) even based outside the EU (according to the European Commission adequacy decisions or standard contractual clauses), which perform outsourcing activities on behalf of the Data Controller, in their capacity as data processors;
- judicial authorities, as well as those subjects to whom communication is mandatory by law. These subjects will process the data in their capacity as independent data controllers.
Individuals authorized to process data
Data may be processed by employees of company functions responsible for pursuing the aforementioned purposes who have been expressly authorized to process data and have received adequate operating instructions.
Transfer of personal data to countries outside the european union
The data collected using Google cookies may be transferred outside the European Union, more specifically to the United States of America within the limits and due to Privacy Shield membership, an agreement with a data protection level deemed adequate by the European Commission pursuant to art. 45 of the GDPR. The European Commission adequacy decision can be consulted at the following link: http://www.llworkorder.com/legal-content/IT/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32016D1250&from=IT
Data controller and data protection officer (DPO)
Saipem S.p.A. is the company processing your data and for the purposes of the law, is considered the Data Controller. In this capacity it is responsible for guaranteeing application of adequate organisational and technical measures needed to protect your data. The company's head offices are located in: Via Martiri di Cefalonia, 67 - 20097 San Donato Milanese, Milan – Italy. E-mail: email@example.com.
In addition, the Company has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) responsible for ensuring compliance with the rules for the protection of your Privacy, who can be contacted for matters concerning the processing of your data at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information on your rights, consult the "Your rights" section.
With reference to the data processed, the Company guarantees your right to:
- obtain confirmation of the existence or otherwise of your personal data and a copy thereof in an intelligible form;
- obtain the updating, correction or integration of your data;
- request the cancellation of your data, within the terms permitted by law, or request the transformation thereof into anonymous form;
- object, in whole or in part, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of personal data concerning you;
- limit processing, in the event of violation, request for amendment or opposition;
- request the portability of electronically processed data, provided on the basis of consent or contract;
- withdraw consent to the processing of your data, if envisaged.
To this end, the Company has provided a specific section on the website where you can download the relative forms. Alternatively, you may request forms by sending an e-mail to the following address: email@example.com to present your requests free of charge.
We inform you that the Company undertakes to respond to your requests within one month, except in the event of particular complexity, in which case this may take up to 3 months. In any case, the Company will explain the reasons for any delays within one month of receiving your request.
The outcome of your request will be provided in writing, either electronically or on paper. If you request the correction, cancellation or limitation of data processing, the Company undertakes to communicate the results of your requests to each recipient of your data, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
Please remember that the withdrawal of consent, if this was the legal basis for processing your data, does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent provided carried out before withdrawal.
The Company hereby specifies that a sum may be charged, if your demands prove to be manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive; in this regard, the Company has a register to track your requests for intervention.
Finally, we wish to remind you that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent Supervisory Authority in the Member State where you live or work or the State in which the alleged violation occurred.